- 1 Walmartmoneycard.com website not working? Is it down right now?
- 2 WalmartMoneyCard.com – Activate Your Walmart Prepaid Debit Card
- 3 Walmart Card Review: All About the MoneyCard
- 4 Walmart Has a Sneaky Way of Tricking Customers Into Saving More Money
Walmartmoneycard.com website not working? Is it down right now?
The above graph displays service status activity for Walmartmoneycard.com over the last 10 automatic checks. The blue bar displays the response time, which is better when smaller. If no bar is displayed for a specific time it means that the service was down and the site was offline.
Service Status History
* Times displayed are PT, Pacific Time (UTC/GMT 0) | Current server time is 09:38
We have tried pinging Walmart MoneyCard website using our server and the website returned the above results. If walmartmoneycard.com is down for us too there is nothing you can do except waiting. Probably the server is overloaded, down or unreachable because of a network problem, outage or a website maintenance is in progress.
If the site is UP but you cant access the page, try one of the below solutions:
Browser Related Problems
Force a full refresh for the site. This can be achieved by pressing CTRL + F5 keys at the same time on your favourite browser (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, etc.)
Try alternative urls such as m.walmartmoneycard.com
Clear the temporary cache and cookies on your browser to make sure that you have the most recent version of the web page. For instructions choose your browser :
Fix DNS Problems
A Domain Name System (DNS) allows a site IP address (192.168.x.x) to be identified with words (*.com) in order to be remembered more easily, like a phonebook for websites. This service is usually provided by your ISP.
Clear your local DNS cache to make sure that you grab the most recent cache that your ISP has. For Windows - (Start > Command Prompt > type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter). For details choose your operating system :
If you can access a website at office or from a 3G network yet it's not working on your computer, it is a good idea to use an alternative DNS service other than your ISPs. OpenDNS or Google Public DNS are both excellent and free public DNS services.
Check our help page for step-by-step instructions on how to change your DNS.
Submit a comment using your Facebook ID.
WalmartMoneyCard.com – Activate Your Walmart Prepaid Debit Card
It is very easy to activate Walmart MoneyCard, issued by GE Money Bank through its official website www.walmartmoneycard.com. It is good for users who do not like to carry cash when going out due to risk of stolen or fall as Walmart has launched their money card which can be used anywhere Visa(R) debit cards are accepted. Also cash will be loaded onto a Wal-Mart MoneyCard with no loading fees.
Wal-Mart is always working hard to satisfy consumers all over the world with all kinds of consumption demands as one of the leading and best department store group in the world. One of the online service platforms built by Wal-Mart is WalmartMoneyCard. People can get a special credit card here that can be used to do extreme consumption in all the stores of Wal-Mart. You can apply for the Walmart Money Card and activate it online, only if you submit the number of their sales receipts or accounts in Wal-Mart.
For many purposes, Walmart Money Card can be used like:
- Cash from ATMs around the world
- Pay bills including cable TV, telephone and other
- Direct deposit of your salary on paper
- Cost of gas, food and much more
- Use for buying in restaurants, hotel reservations, airline tickets
- Follow-up expenses and the balance e-mail/SMS Alerts
- Shop anywhere Visa is accepted, including Internet and walmart.com
There are numerous types of cards to have a choice on WalmartMoneyCard that are introduced in details, like the way to get them, their usage, as well as the access to reload them. Moreover, Wal-Mart will also provide with an advanced locator which is known as “Green Dot MoneyPak”. Find out any Wal-Mart store or reload station easily with such a locator. If you desire to have a full enjoyment of shopping in Wal-Mart, then better get a Walmart Money Card at once.
You can buy a temporary Wal-Mart MoneyCard at any participating Wal-Mart store locations in USA. There is no need to have a bank account or credit check to qualify. By just a call, your card will be activated. You can reload your personalized Walmart MoneyCard for infinite amount of times. Just visit to any participating Walmart stores and go straight to the cashier and swipe your Card to load with cash or you can cash a payroll or government check and load part of all of that check onto your MoneyCard.
Walmart MoneyCard will never contact you by email, text or fax and ask you to reactivate your card as they want to help you protect your card and personal details. If you receive this type of request then call on 877-937-4098 and speak to a specialist.
Www.walmartmoneycard.com: Activate Walmart MoneyCard
When you visit www.walmartmoneycard.com, you will find main six navigations on top of the homepage: Account log-in, Get a card, Card activation, Add funds, About the products and Help. Refer detailed description about these topics below.
1. Account log-in: Log-in to access your account by entering card number, expiration date, password, enter code as shown in the box there and press log-in button.
2. Get a card: You can get your card with no insurance fee, no overdraft fees and no check or bank account required. Use your card at where Visa debit is accepted, as well as ATMs. Please fill up the form provided in this section by giving few necessary details like name, address, phone number, e-mail address, etc. Then tick mark on the box to agree the terms and conditions of the cardholder agreement and press ‘Get a card’ button. You will receive the card in just 7-10 days.
3. Card activation: You can activate Walmart MoneyCard from this section. Follow just 5 easy steps mentioned here to activate your card online and enjoy all the benefits of a prepaid card. In the first step, you have to enter Activation Number from Sales Receipt, Enter Last 4 Digits of Your Temporary Card, Enter code as shown in the box there and press ‘continue’ button to follow the remaining steps.
4. Add funds: Refer 6 ways/methods mentioned here to reload your Personalized Card.
- With cash at Walmart
- By check at Walmart
- Direct Deposit
- With a MoneyPak
- With an Online Bank Transfer
- With Walmart MoneyCenter Express
5. About the products: Start using your Walmart MoneyCard today to get 1% cash back for gas purchases countrywide through 12/31/10. View all the key features in this section.
Your cash will be added to your Card balance on the last day of the billing cycle. On your Transaction History, it can be found as a posted credit, titled ‘Credit For Gas Purchases’ and it will be categorized as Gas/Fuel.
How can you pay for gas with Walmart MoneyCard?
Use your Walmart MoneyCard like all prepaid cards; to buy gas you have 2 options:
Pay at the pump: You’ll require at least $75 on your Card and your PIN (it was set when you activated the card).
Pay inside: Pay the precise amount to the attendant inside; there is no minimum balance necessary.
6. Help: Read FAQs (frequently asked questions) in this section. There are several questions and answers mentioned here related to the Walmart MoneyCard so refer it as it will be helpful to you.
Walmart Card Review: All About the MoneyCard
- Reasonable monthly fee
- Free services including money transfers and a savings feature, but there’s a fee for buying checks
- Up to $75 in cash-back rewards a year
Here are more details about the Walmart MoneyCard’s fees and services.
The Walmart MoneyCard charges a monthly fee, but it’s on the cheaper side. If you stop using your card, you still have to pay up to two extra monthly fees. There is no fee to close the account.
- $5 monthly fee that can be waived
- No purchase fee when you order the card online, but $1 fee in stores
- No fee to close the account
- A steep load of $1,000 is required to waive the monthly fee
- If you stop using your card, you'll still get charged the monthly fee for up to two months
The Walmart MoneyCard doesn’t charge fees for making purchases, but it does for ATM transactions. You can withdraw money for free at Walmart customer service desks as well as get cash back with purchases you make at certain retailers. The card can be issued as a Mastercard or Visa, so it’ll work with merchants that accept whichever payment network your card is in.
- No fee for PIN-based or signature-based purchases
- Free cash withdrawals at over 4,500 Walmart locations
- Ability to receive cash back from card at retail store checkout (when available)
- Cash-back rewards of up to $75 a year: 3% cash back at Walmart.com, 2% at Murphy USA and Walmart fuel stations, 1% at Walmart stores
- $2.50 fee for bank teller and ATM withdrawals, plus any third-party fee charged by a bank or ATM operator
- Cash-back rewards get cashed out only after 12 consecutive months
You can reload money onto the card several ways for free, but there’s no way to avoid fees for depositing cash at Walmart stores or elsewhere. For depositing a payroll or government check in a Walmart store, you pay a fee for cashing the check but nothing to load that money onto the card.
- Free direct deposit of payroll or government benefits
- Free online bank transfers to the card (but your bank may charge a fee)
- $3 fee to reload cash at Walmart checkout, known as Walmart Repaid Reload
- Up to $4.95 to reload cash at retailers in the Green Dot reload network
- Costs 95 cents to deposit a check using the mobile app
The card offers a mix of bill payment and savings features, so you can effectively use it as a checking account substitute in those respects — or even just a money management tool.
- Free online bill pay and free money transfers between friends and family
- A fee of 70 cents for a money order, which is cheaper than at banks
- People can move money into a free savings feature called the MoneyCard Vault, which offers cash prizes to promote savings
- Free customer service line
- Second card available for $3 (but no monthly fee)
- Pack of 12 checks costs $5.95, which breaks down to 50 cents per check
- A fee of 50 cents for ATM balance inquiries, plus any ATM operator fee
Good for Walmart stores, limited elsewhere
The Walmart MoneyCard, unsurprisingly, provides the most perks to people who manage money and shop online, especially at Walmart. There are some free services, including online transfers, a savings feature and customer service support, in addition to annual cash-back rewards.
Spencer Tierney is a staff writer at NerdWallet, a personal finance website. Email: [email protected] Twitter: @SpencerNerd.
Updated June 7, 2017.
NerdWallet’s overall rating is a weighted average of these four categories: general fees and features (40%), purchases and withdrawals (35%), reloads (15%) and other services (10%). Factors we consider, depending on the category, include fees, ATM access, reload options, breadth of merchant acceptance, account features and limits, consumer-facing tech and customer service. Because prepaid debit cards help to manage money without using credit, any overdraft program gets penalized under the “purchases and withdrawals” category. Several Nerds contribute to prepaid debit card ratings to ensure consistency and accuracy.
— Among the very best
— Very good; only minor caveats for most customers
— Good; issues that might make a difference to some customers
— Fair; make sure strengths and weaknesses are a good match for you
— Poor; proceed with great caution
(or below) — Best to avoid
FIND & COMPARE CHECKING ACCOUNTS
OUR FAVORITE CHECKING ACCOUNTS
OUR FAVORITE ONLINE CHECKING ACCOUNTS
FIND & COMPARE SAVINGS ACCOUNTS
Sign up to get the latest money-saving tips, deals and advice.
Disclaimer: NerdWallet strives to keep its information accurate and up to date. This information may be different than what you see when you visit a financial institution, service provider or specific product’s site. All financial products, shopping products and services are presented without warranty. When evaluating offers, please review the financial institution’s Terms and Conditions. Pre-qualified offers are not binding. If you find discrepancies with your credit score or information from your credit report, please contact TransUnion® directly.
Advertiser Disclosure: So how do we make money? We receive compensation from our partners when someone applies or gets approved for a financial product through our site. But, the results of our tools (like our credit card comparison tool) and editorial reviews are based on quantitative and qualitative assessments of product features — nothing else. Compensation may influence the products we review and write about, the order in which categories appear in “best of” articles, whether products appear on our site and where they’re placed. While we try to feature as many product offers on our site as we can maintain (1,200+ credit cards and financial products!), we recognize that our site does not feature every company or financial product available on the market.
Walmart Has a Sneaky Way of Tricking Customers Into Saving More Money
Think of all the reasons you go to the bank.
What if you could do all that during your weekly run for groceries, diapers and windshield washer fluid at Walmart?
Maybe you can. Walmart has offered the Green Dot prepaid debit card since 2007, but a newer savings program tied to the card offers an extra money management incentive.
Building your savings through your MoneyCard could come with a prize of up to $1,000.
How to Win $1,000 With Walmart’s MoneyCard Vault
The Vault feature on the MoneyCard smartphone app offers 500 cash prizes each month : a $1,000 grand prize and 499 prizes of $25.
Each dollar a customer deposits into their Vault account via the MoneyCard app counts as an entry into the monthly drawing. Users get up to 500 entries per month, and the prizes are deposited into their Vault accounts automatically.
Walmart launched this program in August 2016, and it told The Atlantic that by December, more than 100,000 users had started using Vault to save – and get a chance to win. Further, the average savings for Vault users has grown from $413 to $572 since.
Given how many Americans would be unable to cover even a car repair or a $100 unexpected medical expense , it would seem Walmart’s MoneyCard Vault program is a valuable tool to help people save, whether they have a traditional bank account or not.
The “chance to win” element of Walmart’s Vault program gamifies saving in a way few typical savings accounts do. For those who remember earning more than 0.25% on their savings accounts before the recession, t he idea of potentially winning extra savings is more attractive than watching your money grow at a minuscule rate.
What Else Does Walmart’s MoneyCard Do?
The MoneyCard Vault doesn’t pay interest, but MoneyCard users can earn 3% cash back on purchases at Walmart.com, 2% at Murphy USA and Walmart and 1% at Walmart stores, for a total of up to $75 per year.
Users can have their employer direct deposit their paychecks onto their MoneyCards.
Loading cash onto your card at Walmart costs $3 per load, but the card otherwise works like a bank-issued debit card. Users can swipe the card anywhere that accepts Visa or MasterCard, deposit checks via the MoneyCard app and pay bills. And since it’s prepaid, there are no overdraft fees.
No overdraft fees and a chance to win extra cash for your savings? Doesn’t sound like a bad option.
Your Turn: Have you tried Walmart’s MoneyCard Vault feature? Has it helped you save?
Lisa Rowan is a writer and producer at The Penny Hoarder. She remembers once earning 5% on a savings account, a long time ago.